Daza Says MCP Convention Now
Written by Shakira Chimbaza Monday, 12 December 2011 07:55
Malawi Congress Party Secretary General, Dr.Chris Daza says is ready to support anyone who an MCP convention will elect as the party torch bearer for the 2014 general elections.
He has since demanded that the party should call for the convention.
He told a rally in Nkhotakota district that although he would like to be considered for the position, it did not mean that he would look down upon what the majority of the party would opt for.
Addressing the rally at Nkhotakota district Community Centre Ground, Dr. Daza observed the need for unity in the MCP more now than ever and not unnecessary political squabbles ahead of the 2014 polls.
Dr. Daza said, therefore, the MCP needed to convene a convention soon to democratically elect the
2014 MCP torch bearer for the party.
“We need ample time to sell that candidate to the masses,” he said to loud applause from his audience.
Dr. Daza reminded his fellow party followers that as it currently stands, the MCP constitution bars incumbent party president Mr. John Tembo from representing the party at national polls and as such, the party needs to preposition by identifying the next party elections candidate in good time.
Nkhotakota District Party Chairman, Mr. Dunstan Tondole requested party top brass to urgently call for a convention where, among other things, the MCP presidential candidate for 2014 should be elected. - Zodiak Online
|< Prev||Next >|
Other Political News
- Lucius Banda Back in Politics, Joins People's Party
- Botswana Bashes AU over Al-Bashir
- DPP Tears Apart Mozambique Power Deal
- Govt Borrows US$12 from Saudi Fund
- President Must Hire or Fire Their Vice – Justice Minister
- Political Will on National Registration Impresses NRB
- Malawi Nodes to Gay Marriages
- Another Confession: Lipenga Says Bingu Rushed on Shire Waterway
- JB Institutes Committee to Probe Lipenga
- I Will Quit Politics in 2014 – Goodall Gondwe