Teacher Suspected of Defilement found Dead
A 34-year old primary school teacher who was answering a defilement case in Thyolo has been found hanging dead on a tree, police suspect suicide.
Thyolo police deputy publicist Rabecca Kashoti has identified the teacher as Patrick Matiki from Mulenga Village from the area of Traditional Authority Mulenga and was teaching at Khave primary school.
Kashoti says in June 2022, the teacher was granted court bail on suspicion that he defiled his step daughter, only to be found hanging Thursday morning on a tree at his home village Mulenga.
Meanwhile, she has indicated that there is no suspected foul play as postmortem has revealed that death was due to suffocation secondary to stangulation.
This comes barely a day after stakeholders in the district also raised a concern on growing suicide incidents among men in the district.
Latest from Beston Luka
- TNM Donates K20 millon to Cyclone Freddy Survivors in Chikwawa
- NRWB Donates K5 million Items to Cyclone Survivors in Thyolo
- Roads Authority Commences Temporary Road Restoration in the South
- MUST Wins the Cyber Security Most Creative Policy Response Award in US
- Govt Uncertain on School Re-opening in the South