CSONA Intensify Malnutrition Awareness in Ntcheu
Civil Society Organization Nutrition Alliance (CSONA) has embarked on community sensitization campaign aimed at empowering the citizenry to engage duty bearers in Ntcheu district.
This comes at a time when concerns are high that malnutrition rate is high in the district at 42%.
CSONA District Focal Person, Charles Tepeka, told Zodiak Online that the organization is carrying out the campaign in two traditional authorities of Makwangwala and Masasa on their right to access quality food.
"Right to food is a prerequisite for every citizen but that is not the case now. For instance, in times of disasters, beneficiaries have no option but to receive relief food items brought forth for the sake of having food," he said.
He said high levels of malnutrition negatively affects socioeconomic development of a country.
Village Headman Chinseu and Traditional Authority Makwangwala said lack of knowledge on such rights expose communities to malnutrition; hence describing the campaign as timely.
(By Blessings Kang'ombe)
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children