AGRA Tips Malawi on Sustainable Agriculture
Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) says it will ensure that Malawian youths and women are included in spheres of countries Agricultural sector for sustainability.
AGRA Regional Director for Southern Africa, Dyborn Chibonga, told Zodiak Online that the institution will help Malawi to ensure that youth and women are also in the forefront in farming activities so that the sector is transformed.
“For Malawi’s agriculture sector to spar, there’s need to fully support youth and women in this country,” said Chibonga.
Meanwhile, Government of Malawi, through Ministry Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development and AGRA are designing a flagship that will be used to promote youth and women in Malawi’s Agriculture sector.
Ministry’s Principal Secretary Grey Nyandule Phiri disclosed that there are several initiatives by the Capitol Hill and its stakeholders like AGRA to ensure all Malawians take part in promoting the sector.
Said Nyandule Phiri: “We have realized that farming is business. To achieve this, we need to take on board everyone concerned for effective venture.”
Malawi’s agricultural sector is being faced with wide range of hitches which range from high prices of farm inputs to poor markets of farm produce.
Latest from Steve Zimba
- Special Report: The Role Played by MDF, State & Non-State Players in Consolidating Democracy in Malawi
- Corona Cases Now at 803, 54 New Cases Recorded the Past 24Hrs
- DPP-UDF Alliance Holds a Youth Rally at Masintha
- Stray Buffaloes Threatening Lives of People Amid Rangers’ Industrial Action
- UTM and MCP youth report APM to Amnesty International