Ms. Albinism Donates to QECH Patients
Chikondi Kanjadza, the reigning Miss Albinism 2019, surprised patients at Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital’s Skin Cancer Ward on the Christmas day.
She cheered up the patients and donated assorted items.
Chikondi told Zodiak Online she wanted to celebrate this year’s Christmas in a different way by reaching out to those in need.
“I am here to cheer up patients to celebrate with them. I usually celebrate with friends and family but this year I wanted to give them something.
“They say blessed is the hand that gives, it feels great to give people that are in need,” explained Chikondi.
The items were donated to patients with albinism and others without albinism.
“I wanted to share fun but also to give them a message of hope,” said Chikondi.
Chikondi further said she wants to promote the rights of persons with albinism in Malawi.
“As Miss Albinism, I will mostly focus on promoting the rights of persons with albinism in Malawi be it in the education sector, the health sector.
“As you are aware there are a lot myths against people with albinism thus I want to protect them and advocate for their rights,” said Kanjadza.
Latest from Alfred Guta
- MACOHA Tips Humanitarian Actors on Disaster Response Targeting Persons with Disabilities
- Climate Smart Public Works Program Second Cycle Targets Over 14,000 Beneficiaries in Nsanje
- Friends of Makhanga Pen Nsanje DC over Relocation
- Graft Whistleblowers Demand Protection
- Action for Rural Development for Improved ECD Services in Nsanje