Discolored Relief Maize Sparks Anger
This morning in Dowa district, more and more villagers flocked to Nachisaka EPA where they are coming to return relief maize received yesterday because it has been discovered to be discolored, rotten and in some instances mixed with maize husks, according to the villagers.
The maize was distributed by the Department of Disaster Management Affairs-DODMA.
Human Rights Consultative Committee chairperson, Robert Mkwezalamba, has described the situation in Dowa district as unfortunate on the part of government.
Mkwezalamba has since urged government to institute investigations into this and ensure that those responsible be brought to book.
Meanwhile, spokesperson for Dodma, Chipiliro Khamula, says the matter is under investigations.
Latest from Aunyago Nkhoma
- Dowa Women Construct 1100 Cor-belled Latrines to Sustain ODF Environment
- Christian Organisation for Orphans Trains 60 Orphaned Refugees on COVID-19 Prevention
- COVID-19 Cases Rise Again,120 New Cases Past 24 Hours
- Mponela Police Arrest Boy, 17, For Alleged Sex Assault of Woman, 80
- Rwandese Immigrants and Dzaleka Refugees Tussle over COVID-19 Funds