CFT Implores Security Officers to Protect Monitors During FPE
Citizen for Transformation Movements’ CFT Timothy Mtambo says his team will be on top of things to ensure that no one threatens monitors as well as the electorate during the Fresh Presidential Elections on 23 June, saying it's time for change.
Mtambo has since implored on the country’s security personnel to provide the security the country deserves in this period without taking sides.
He mentioned the monitors as crucial individuals in need of security especially in this electoral period.
“This funny behavior of thinking some people own some parts of the country is not on, we will not take it lightly. The Police Service and MDF were created to provide security to all and when we say we are not going to tolerate that we mean the police and MDF need to do their job and protect the citizens of this country, the monitors for instance. Their job is not to protect selfish individuals,” said Mtambo.
Malawi Defense Force Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Paul Chiphwanya could not comment on the matter saying internal security is not in their jurisdiction but the Police.
In his remarks National Police Spokesperson James Kadadzera says Malawians should be rest assured that the police officers deployed to all polling centers are there to protect everyone with no fear or favor.
Meanwhile, the CFT leader says he believes the Malawi Electoral Commission will execute its job well to Malawians expectations for a free, fair and credible election.
Latest from Towera Kumwenda
- Northern Region Journalists Demand Inclusion from Stakeholders in Fighting COVID-19
- Malawi Red Cross Society Advises Stakeholders to Enforce Strict COVID-19 Preventive Measures in Local Markets
- Gvt to Constitute Commission of Inquiry Over July 20 2011 Deaths
- Health Expert Fears Crisis Looms with Upsurge of Health Workers Infections
- Mzuzu City Council Staff Demanding Top Management Resignation As Strike Continues