Archbishop Msusa Calls for Peace and Coexistence Ahead of FPE Results Announcement
Archbishop Thomas Luke Msusa of the Roman Catholic Church has urged people in the country to remain calm as they anxiously await announcement of the 23rd June 2020 Fresh Presidential Election results.
Archbishop Luke Msusa told Zodiak Online on Friday that the results of the election should not cause divisions and hatred among people of different political divide.
"Am appealing to people of different political affiliations to unite for the sake of peace and tranquillity," said Msusa.
The Head of the Catholic Church also encouraged Presidential candidates that participated in the Presidential race to embrace a spirit of tolerance by accepting defeat once the results have announced by Malawi Electoral Commission.
Unofficial poll results puts Tonse Alliance torchbearer Dr. Lazarus Chakwera on the lead in the highly contested polls with Peter Mutharika of the DPP/UDF Alliance trailing behind him.
Malawi Electoral Commission is expected to announce the results within eight days from the day of polling.
Latest from Adams Undaninge
- Violence in Karonga Central Constituency Ahead of November By-Election
- DPP Unveils Candidate for Karonga Central Constituency
- Protection of Women and Children Needs Vigilance - EAM
- YAS Questions Govt. Conduct on National Youth Policy
- MRA Collecting Less in Revenue Amid COVID-19, Two Officers Resume Work From Self-Isolation