Archbishop Msusa Calls for Peace and Coexistence Ahead of FPE Results Announcement
Archbishop Thomas Luke Msusa of the Roman Catholic Church has urged people in the country to remain calm as they anxiously await announcement of the 23rd June 2020 Fresh Presidential Election results.
Archbishop Luke Msusa told Zodiak Online on Friday that the results of the election should not cause divisions and hatred among people of different political divide.
"Am appealing to people of different political affiliations to unite for the sake of peace and tranquillity," said Msusa.
The Head of the Catholic Church also encouraged Presidential candidates that participated in the Presidential race to embrace a spirit of tolerance by accepting defeat once the results have announced by Malawi Electoral Commission.
Unofficial poll results puts Tonse Alliance torchbearer Dr. Lazarus Chakwera on the lead in the highly contested polls with Peter Mutharika of the DPP/UDF Alliance trailing behind him.
Malawi Electoral Commission is expected to announce the results within eight days from the day of polling.
Latest from Adams Undaninge
- Councilors in Karonga Implicated in Dubious Allocation of Plots to Vendors
- Upsurge in Local Transmission of COVID-19 Worries Karonga Diocese
- TEVETA Donates 15,000 Face Masks to Ngara Technical College
- YAS Bemoans Low Funding for Youth Empowerment Programs
- People With Disabilities Bemoan Lack of Inclusion In COVID-19 Fight