YAS Questions Govt. Conduct on National Youth Policy
Some Non-Governmental Organizations in the country have expressed reservations on how government is conducting consultations towards the review of the National Youth Policy and Act, which the stakeholders feel poses a great threat to the civic space.
One of the organizations is the Youth and Society (YAS), whose Executive Director Charles Kajoloweka feels that the consultation process has been inadequate as most stakeholders have not been given an opportunity to voice out their concern.
On his part, National Youth Council of Malawi Chief Executive Officer Dingiswayo Jere has assured YAS that all concerned stakeholders will be considered as the processes are still on going.
Last year the Ministry of Youth embarked on the amendment of the National Youth Council of Malawi Act to align it with various legal instruments aimed at addressing challenges facing young people in the country.
The bill also seeks to repeal the National Youth Council of Malawi Act which enacted in 1996.
The National Youth Policy expired in 2018.
Latest from Adams Undaninge
- Violence in Karonga Central Constituency Ahead of November By-Election
- DPP Unveils Candidate for Karonga Central Constituency
- Protection of Women and Children Needs Vigilance - EAM
- MRA Collecting Less in Revenue Amid COVID-19, Two Officers Resume Work From Self-Isolation
- SOLDEV Urges Farmers to Embrace Climate Smart Agriculture