Two Men Kill Each Other Over Woman
Two men in Chintheche, Nkhata Bay District, in the northern part of Malawi, have killed each other in a fight for a woman.
The deceased have been identified as Christopher Makawa, 32, of Mangombo Village in Traditional Authority Mkanda in Mulanje District, and Justin Tambala, 49, of Zomelanga Village in Traditional Authority Fukamapiri in NKhata Bay District.
According to Nkhata Bay police spokesperson Sergeant Kondwani James, the fight took place in Zomelanga Village.
Tambala was married to Marriam Mwanyali for several years, according to reports, but three years ago, Makawa proposed to the woman to be his wife but she declined.
However, on October 24, 2022, the woman, who went out for other errands, found the two men fighting on her way back home.
Despite her efforts to call for help, the two men continued to fight with the weapons they were carrying until they severely injured each other.
After receiving a report, officers from the Chintheche Police Post rushed to the scene and transported the two victims to the Chintheche Rural Hospital where they were pronounced dead. The deaths were caused by excessive blood loss, said police.
At this time, no foul play is suspected, according to James.
(By Tionge Esther Hara – Africa Brief)
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children