Likoma School Suspends 20
A community day secondary school on Lilkoma island has suspended 20 of its learners because they were allegedly plotting public protests against absence of tutorials for six science subjects.
The learners allege that for four months now, they has been a blackout on six science subject lessons at Chipyela Community Day Secondary School (CDSS) on the island.
Head teacher,Thomas Manda, told Zodiak Online Tuesday that details of the suspension would only be diverged by authorities at the education division office.
But some of the suspended learners told Zodiak Online that the planned demonstrations meant to express the student's dismay at the fact that they are not having classes for Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physical Science, Agriculture and Life Skills for over four months now.
Instead of having nine classes per day, the learners are only having five.
Latest from Shamuda Drake
- Ex-MDF Soldiers Call for Governments Support After Last Mission; Rwandan Genocide
- Likoma, Chizumulu Islanders for COVID19 Preventive Measures on Water Transport
- Likoma Island Residents Protest Against Operations of DHO
- Likoma District Only District with No Coronavirus So Far
- MSC, MPC Relentless on Pay Rise Strike