Another Motocycle Taxi Operator Killed in Kasungu, Bike Stolen
Saturday night in Kasungu, another motorcycle taxi operator was stabbed to death by an assailant who hired to be dropped at some point.
The assailant went away with the motorcycle leaving behind the owner bleeding to death.
“The unknown man claimed he was going to Chilowamatambe Village.
“The motorcycle operator gave him a lift from Kasungu town,” said Kasungu police spokesperson, Inspector Harry Namwaza.
The incident occurred in Kajani Village along the Chiwengo-Chilowamatambe earth road.
Kasungu Police say, the suspect disguised himself as a potential passenger and approached the bicycle taxi operator, Mathias Nkhoma, 25.
Inspector Namwaza says Nkhoma was stabbed on the chest.
“The motorcycle operator was found on Sunday lying dead in a pool of his own blood. He lay by the roadside with a big stab would on a chest,” Namwaza said.
Police say they have launched a man hunt for the suspect.
Nkhoma hailed from Bondo Village in the area of Senior Chief Kaomba.
Latest from Noel Mkubwi
- Kasungu Councillors Concerned Over Long Distances To Access AIP Services
- Kasungu Municipality to Borrow COVID Funds to Pay Off Its Striking Workers
- Elderly Increasingly Turning Up to Vote
- Education Min. Challenges Female Science Teachers to Motivate Female Learners
- DPP & UDF Officials Urge Supporters to Desist From Political Violence