Campaign Heat Smokes Mutharika Out Of State House
Six days to polling in the court-sanctioned fresh presidential election, President Peter Mutharika is today starting off on a campaign tour of the central and Northern region.
He is expected to hold a whistle-stop campaign rally in Ntcheu mid-day today, another at Biwi Triangle mid-afternoon before going to Mzimba boma, Chitipa Boma and Karonga Thursday.
Since May 2019, President Mutharika has not been to the Northern region.
There are reports that the Mutharika campaign had chartered a helicopter from South Africa for the campaign but plans were changed last minute.
Apart from the five scheduled campaign whistle-stop rallies, Mutharika has only appeared in public thrice since the campaign was officially teed-off May 2.
He went to Thyolo and later unveiled a plan in Blantyre for the construction of stadia for Nyasa Big Bullets and Be forward Wanderers.
The president has said he has been following recommendations of health experts on measures to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
President Mutharika is 82.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children