PAC Impressed with Electoral Process
As Malawians anxiously await declaration of who is the next president of Malawi following the hotly contested June 23 Fresh Presidential Poll, some stakeholders are into reviewing how the process has fared.
One of them, the quasi-religious body, Public Affairs Committee (PAC) says it is impressed with the process.
PAC Publicity Secretary, Bishop Gilford Matonga said this morning that MEC has been transparent in every electoral process, citing handling of electoral complaints has been transparent if compared to 2019.
“By this far, MEC has been transparent in every electoral process taken. For example, handling of electoral complaints has been transparent” says Matonga.
Meanwhile, a Consortium of Non-Governmental Organizations that are observing the electoral process has appealed to MEC that final results should be announced upon completion of handling of all electoral complaints.
MEC has 8 days from June 23 within which it can announce final results.
Latest from Andrew Viano
- A Friend in Need: World Vision Eases Healthcare Access in Ntchisi
- SKILLS Programme Shines Ray of hope for Unemployed Youth
- ENOUGH Campaign Gets Underway, Chakwera Decries Child Malnourishment
- From Kaoche Village with Six Points: The Story of Joseph Katole
- Malawi Tourism Council to Hold Inaugural Tourism Industry Awards of Excellence