Man Stabs sister In-law to Death in Ntcheu
In Ntcheu, police have launched a manhunt for a murder suspect who allegedly stabbed to death his sister in-law Wednesday evening at Kalumbu village, Traditional Authority Njolomole.
Ntcheu District Police Spokesperson, Hastings Chigalu has identified the deceased as Lyness Lemekezani 37 and the suspect as Lyson Mbuno from Matewere village, T/A Ganya in the district.
"The deceased met her fate as she was trying to resolve a misunderstanding between the suspect and his wife after the two had picked a fight," he said. Adding that the suspect escaped after the incident.
He told Zodiak Online that well wishers rushed with the deceased and happens to be a sister to the suspect's wife to Gowa Health Center where she was pronounced dead upon arrival by medics.
A postmortem conducted at Ntcheu District Hospital revealed death was due to excessive loss of blood.
Police said murder charges await the suspect once arrested.
The deceased, Lyness Lemekezani hailed from Kalumbu village, T/A Njolomole in Ntcheu district.
Latest from Blessings Kang'ombe
- Ntcheu Secondary School Students March over Poor diet
- 150 Police Officers Demand K246 million Unpaid Allowances
- Cloud of Hope Takes Free Medical Services to Chigodi
- Unemployed Nurses and Midwives Write Govt Demanding Permanent Jobs
- No Whereabouts of 2023/14 AIPS’s Farmer Contribution and Beneficiaries List