Ex-Intelligence Chief Bail Ruling August 10
Former secret service Acting Director, Dr. Kenam Kalilani and former Chief Information and Communications Officer for State Residences, Chance Chingwalungwalu, will spend another week at Maula Prison as ruling on their bail application has been pushed to next Monday.
This is because Principal Resident Magistrate, Viva Nyimba, has traveled to Blantyre and shall only be available next week.
Madalitso Kausi, lawyer for the two accused has confirmed this with us this morning.
The two, who were arrested last week Saturday, allegedly committed the offense last month according to the charges read out by Lilongwe Principal Resident Magistrate Viva Nyimba last week Monday.
Kausi told Zodiak Online that when court reconvenes, the two accused might either take plea on formal charges that the state will read out them before bail application or vice-versa.
"The court deferred the ruling about bail application to August 3 but when we got to the court today we were told that the presiding magistrate is out of town and that the application will be heard next week Monday," said Kausi.
The two were denied bail last week for fear that they would interfere with investigations which by then were not through, according to state.
Latest from Andrew Viano
- MRA Head Optimistic the Tax Collecting Body Will Surpass K1.1 Trillion Target in Revenue
- Long Wait for Duty Free Week Campaign Promise by Tonse Alliance
- PPDA Nod to 87 Companies to Supply Fertilizer Under AIP
- Tonse Alliance’s First Budget a Copycat - DPP
- Mlusu Presents First Tonse Alliance Financial Plan Pegged at MK2.109 Trillion