Mob Kills Ex-convict in Ntcheu
An angry mob from Jede village, Traditional Authority (T/A) Ganya in Ntcheu yesterday burned to death a 25-year-old man for allegedly stealing household properties in the area.
Ntcheu Police Spokesperson Hastings Chigalu has identified the deceased as Mathews Banda an ex-convict of breaking cases.
"The deceased allegedly broke into one of the houses at Jede village on the night of 5-6 March 2021 where assorted properties got stolen," Chigalu said.
According to Chigalu, Tuesday some of the stolen items were found with one of the villagers and upon being questioned, he revealed to have bought from the deceased.
A manhunt was launched leading to the arrest of the suspect who was later assaulted to death by angry villagers.
Police say a postmortem conducted at the scene revealed that death was due to dehydration.
The deceased, Mathews Banda 25, hailed from Salumpha village, T/A Ganya in Ntcheu.
Latest from Blessings Kang'ombe
- Ntcheu Secondary School Students March over Poor diet
- 150 Police Officers Demand K246 million Unpaid Allowances
- Cloud of Hope Takes Free Medical Services to Chigodi
- Unemployed Nurses and Midwives Write Govt Demanding Permanent Jobs
- No Whereabouts of 2023/14 AIPS’s Farmer Contribution and Beneficiaries List