Ntcheu Road Accident Kills 2, Injures 4
Two people have been killed Thursday afternoon in a road accident in Ntcheu following a head-on collision involving two vehicles at Gwaza village on the M1 road in the district.
District Police spokesperson, Rabecca Kwisongole, says the accident occurred after one vehicle encroached upon the lane of another resulting in a head-on collision.
"The road accident involves a Toyota Ractis registration number NN 4860 and a Toyota Hilux registration number BT 5596. Due to the impact, two people lost their lives," said Kwisongole.
Police say the deceased have been identified as six-year-old boy Ebenezer Mavumbe and 32-year-old woman, Lydia Mavumbe.
Four other people are being treated for minor injuries at Ntcheu District Hospital, according to Ntcheu District Health Office spokesperson, Stella Kawalala.
Last month alone, at least 24 people died in different road accidents in Ntcheu. In the whole country since January, at least 760 people have died in road accidents.
Latest from Blessings Kang'ombe
- Govt Commit to Increasing Irrigation Farming Hectarage Coverage
- Min of Education Close Unregistered Private School in Ntcheu
- Refund Four Thousand Kwacha to Irish Aid, Ministry Orders Ntcheu Council
- Lawyer Ayuba James to Appeal 14 Year Jail Sentence for NU 18 Yr-old Boy
- Ntcheu-Tsangano-Neno-Mwanza Road Project Stalls for Three Months