Truck Tyre Kills 7-Year-Old Boy
A boy aged seven has died after being hit by a tyre that detached from a truck at Mpondaganga Trade Centre in Nkhotakota district.
He has been identified as Rashid Ndelemani of Tandwe Village in the area of Traditional Authority Malengachanzi in the district.
The accident occurred Wednesday at the trade centre which is along the Salima M5 road.
Nkhotakota Police Station Spokesperson Sergeant Paul Malimwe, says the driver of the articulated truck, registration number KK6566/MC 1846, Davie Mzama, was driving to Salima from Dwangwa.
The Scania truck carried 30 tonnes of sugar.
"Upon arrival at Mpondaganga Trade Centre, the left side tyre of the moving track, detached from its hub, ending up hitting the boy who was standing at a distance".
"Ndelemani sustained severe head injuries and was taken to Nkhotakota District Hospital, where he was pronounced dead", said Malimwe.
Latest from Winstone Kaimira
- Stakeholders Asked To Do More In Value Addition Promotion
- Nkhotakota District to Establish Fisheries Association
- SPECIAL REPORT: The Plight of Teachers for the Majority Illiterate of Malawi
- Moral Decadence Worsening in Malawi - Bishop Kalemba
- Health Ministry Planning Nationwide Cholera Vaccination Exercise