Defilement Lands 70 Year Old in Cell
Police in Balaka have arrested a 70 year old man for allegedly defiling three girls aged between 11 and 13.
Balaka Police Public Relations Officer, Felix Misomali, says David Makonza reportedly infected the three with Sexually Transmitted Infections.
He says Makonza is suspected to have been defiling the three since September 2019.
Misomali says one of the parents quizzed her daughter after noticing walking difficulties who later revealed that Makonza has been defiling her alongside two colleagues.
"The victims told us that Makonza has been giving them K200 each at his farm where this has been reportedly happening," said Misomali.
Medical reports at Phalula Health Center and Balaka District Hospital confirmed defilement and that the victims had sexually transmitted diseases.
The suspect is expected to answer three charges of defilement contrary to Section 138 (1) of the Penal Code.
Latest from Moses Masiye
- Delayed Compensation Threaten Food Security for Balaka Smallholder Farmers
- Children Abused on the Day of African Child Commemoration
- Mozambican Music Promoter Incorporates Malawian Musicians
- Constituents Fault Constituency Redemarcation Exercise
- Malawi Eyeing More Business Opportunities In Mozambique