Immigration Dept on Alert for COVID-19
Immigration department says strong measures are in place in all border posts to control issuance of visas and border pass documents in the wake of corona virus threats.
The department’s director general, Masauko Medi, says this comes amid reports of restricted flights with fears of spread of corona virus into the country now pointing at border posts.
“These measures are in tandem with standards set by World Health Organizations and Ministry of Health to protect citizens including the immigration staff,” said Medi.
Malawi is among few countries that have not registered corona virus so far.
Latest from Hastings Jimani
- NICE Briefs Cross Border Agro Dealers on SADC Protocol on Trade Integration
- Police urged to maintain relationship with Mozambican counterparts
- MAGGA Feeds ADCs with Child Marriage Study Findings
- AQSA Targets 3, 600 Women in Economic Empowerment
- Mulanje Chief Attributes Early Pregnancies to Technology