Leather Manufacturers Eyeing Government Market
Manufacturers of leather materials have called upon government to consider buying their products so as to help their economic growth.
Managing director for Trogan Trading Mohan Kumar made the call on Friday when minister of industry Roy Kachale visited the shoe and leather manufacturer in Liwonde.
"We have the capacity to make the same quality shoes government imports for its departments like police and prison yet we are striving to get a better market," says Kumar.
He says they fail to employ more people or produce more due to several limiting factors that require government support.
Minister of industry Roy Kachale says he is impressed with the quality leather and by- products Trogan trading is manufacturing and will consider supporting in any way possible.
"This government is promoting best buy Malawi products, a campaign which can probably incorporate this industry," says Kachale.
The minister says is encouraged to hear that Trogan trading has procured a machine that will improve production to come up with final leather while on the other hand creating more job opportunities.
Latest from Moses Masiye
- Delayed Compensation Threaten Food Security for Balaka Smallholder Farmers
- Children Abused on the Day of African Child Commemoration
- Mozambican Music Promoter Incorporates Malawian Musicians
- Constituents Fault Constituency Redemarcation Exercise
- Malawi Eyeing More Business Opportunities In Mozambique