MEC Calls for Impartiality
Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) has asked the District Election Support Team to be impartial in the management of the poll in Makhuwira South ward slated for November 10, 2020.
MEC Commissioner Steve Duwa told Zodiak on Thursday that they expect the district staff to be on top of things in order to achieve free and fair election.
"We want to keep the good image of the commission, so we expect the DEST here to work professionally," said Duwa.
Chikwawa District Commissioner Ali Phiri says are ready to deliver.
"We will religiously work in the best interest of the people. You know this is not the first time for to manage elections," said DC Phiri.
The by-election in Makhuwira South ward comes after the death of Councillor Mannic Gannet who was accidentally shot by a police office a few months ago.
Latest from Christopher Sande
- Authorities Push for Community Empowerment on Search and Rescue Operations
- Malawi Red Cross Commends Treasury for Timely Funding
- NBM Does It Again, Bankrolls K450 Million for Basketball Tournament
- Evidence Action Assures to do More on Provision of Clean Water
- Court Finishes Hearing Homosexuality Case