Electric Shock Kills Man at Lirangwe

Makwaza died on the spot Makwaza died on the spot - internet pic

Rodrick Makwaza has died after being electrocuted at Lirangwe in Blantyre.

Chileka Police Spokesperson, Sub Inspector Peter Mchiza, says Makwaza Makwaza was working as a security guard and garden boy for Green Valley Lodge.

“Around 11:00 am on this fateful day, his employer Maria Pauliae Baradd, commanded him to cut down branches of a tree which were near power lines.

“Makwaza was joined by Jeremiah Alfonso during the exercise. In the process, one branch got contact with the power lines and produced shock that hit both Makwaza and his friend.

“Makwaza died on the spot while Alfonso sustained injuries and was admitted at Mulambe Mission Hospital where he is receiving treatment,” he said.

Sub Inspector Mchiza says that police in the company of Escom officials visited the scene and took the body to Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital for postmortem.

“Police in Chileka are reminding residents in the area especially those staying close to electric poles to strictly observe preventive measures to avoid accidents,” he said.

Makwaza, 32, hailed from Mulevisi Village, Traditional Authority (T/A) Chaliro in Thyolo District.

Read 292 times

Last modified on Wednesday, 20/01/2021

Login to post comments
Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework