Poor Sanitation at Mulanje District Hospital Guardian Shelter
A week after guardians at Mulanje District Hospital guardian shelter complained of bed bugs, and District Hospital Management Team responded by fumigating the guardian shelter, the guardians are now worried about poor sanitation at the facility.
On our visit to the facility on Tuesday found the three pit latrines all full and not usable and rubbish pits all full as well.
Chairperson at the guardian shelter, Mercy Likulungwa, told Zodiak Online they have fears that the facility can turn into a breeding ground of waterborne diseases.
“I have been reporting the problem to hospital authorities with only empty promises that they will construct new toilets and dig new rubbish pits,” said Likulungwa.
District Hospital Spokesperson, Chipiliro Mjojo, said the DHMT is looking into that problem.
“We are aware of the problem but the challenge is that these guardians come and go and unfortunately they fail to take the responsibility of cleaning the surrounding including toilets,” said Mjojo.
Latest from Hastings Jimani
- MMCT partners Lawi To Raise Awareness on Mount Mulanje Conservation
- Special Needs Education Student Teachers Boycott Exams
- Kwathu Drama Group to act from Billy Kaunda’s Hills of Valleys book
- EAM Tips Church Leaders on Peace Building Beyond the Church Jurisdiction
- 17 Undocumented Immigrants Arrested in Mulanje