Teenage Boy Develops Windmill and Energy Saver Stove
A 19-year-old innovative boy in Mulanje has developed a windmill and electric stove.
George Kalichero from Duswa village did his Malawi School Certificate of Education last year.
He told Zodiak Online that his interest in innovations started during his primary school days during science subjects.
“I have big ambitions. On this windmill, I would like to see this whole Duswa village in light from this windmill but to achieve this I need support to go further with my education and if this fails just technical and financial support,” said George.
He said the stove is an energy saver stove saying, unlike charcoal stoves, this stove can cook food with only four or five small pieces of wood.
“It is my plea to government and Non-Governmental Organizations to promote raw talents like mine through technical and financial support,” said George.
Some years ago, Mulanje also produced a maize mill developer, Paul Mahata, and radio broadcaster, Gabriel Kondesi.
Kondesi was arrested for contravening MACRA Act.
Latest from Hastings Jimani
- MMCT partners Lawi To Raise Awareness on Mount Mulanje Conservation
- Special Needs Education Student Teachers Boycott Exams
- Kwathu Drama Group to act from Billy Kaunda’s Hills of Valleys book
- EAM Tips Church Leaders on Peace Building Beyond the Church Jurisdiction
- 17 Undocumented Immigrants Arrested in Mulanje