17 Undocumented Immigrants Arrested in Mulanje
Police in the border district of Mulanje on Sunday arrested 17 undocumented immigrants from Mozambique just a fortnight after arresting 12 others in the same district on that offence.
Mulanje Police Spokesperson Sub-Inspector Gresham Ngwira told Zodiak Online the suspects were arrested in rest houses and lodges around Muloza area.
“The 17 suspects have been charged with illegal entry into Malawi contrary to Immigration Act,” said Ngwira.
During this special exercise, police also arrested nine Malawians including a 24-year-old Chikumbutso Sailesi for various offences.
The arrest of the 17 comes just two weeks after police in the district arrested 12 other Mozambicans on the same case and the Magistrate’s court in the district fined them K30, 000 each.
Latest from Hastings Jimani
- MMCT partners Lawi To Raise Awareness on Mount Mulanje Conservation
- Special Needs Education Student Teachers Boycott Exams
- Kwathu Drama Group to act from Billy Kaunda’s Hills of Valleys book
- EAM Tips Church Leaders on Peace Building Beyond the Church Jurisdiction
- Teenage Boy Develops Windmill and Energy Saver Stove