Nsanje Teenager in Cooler for Alleged Murder
Police in Nsanje have arrested a boy aged 15 for allegedly killing his age mate after the two picked a quarrel.
Nsanje police spokesperson, Sub inspector Agnes Zalakoma, says the boy committed the alleged offence on March, 24, 2022 at Mchacha Village Traditional Authority Ndamera in the district.
“The suspect used to be a shop keeper at his uncle's grocery shop at Chibuli Trading Center.
“On March, 23,2022, he picked a quarrel with his friend following a mockery between the two. On March, 24,2022 they continued to mock each other which resulted into a fight.
“The other boy suffocated soon after a fight and relatives tried to save his life through first aid but failed. He was immediately taken to Ndamera Health Center where he was pronounced dead upon arrival," she said.
According to Sub Inspector Zalakoma, the crime scene was visited by Nsanje Police detectives.
Postmortem revealed that death was due to internal bleeding secondary to the assault.
The suspect will appear before court soon to answer murder charge, which contravenes Section 209 of the Penal code.
He hails from Mchacha Village Traditional Authority Ndamela in Nsanje district.
Latest from Alfred Guta
- Nsanje’s Kuchene Women Forum Vows to Fight GBV in Flood Survivors Camps
- CONCERN Worldwide Calls for Disaster Risk Management Reflection
- Nsanje Social Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Empowered in Cholera Fight
- NICE Drills Nsanje Stakeholders on Malawi 2063
- Climate Smart Public Works Programme Bails Out Over 17,000 Households In Nsanje