Trust Quenches Ngabu Secondary School Fire

A Shire Valley grouping dubbed Nsanje and Chikwawa Socio-Economic Development Trust has moved in to bail out Ngabu Secondary School which lost 214 mattresses and other items to fire which gutted the school's kitchen building in the wee hours of June 20, 2022.

The Trust's Chairperson, King Norman Rudi, told Zodiak Online on Thursday morning that they have so far raised over K1 million through contributions which will be used to buy 25 mattresses.

He said the first consignment will be donated on Sunday this week.

"We hope to get more support to meet our target of 214 mattresses.

"As sons and daughters from Shire Valley, we are very much concerned with the fire incident at Ngabu Secondary School.

"Ngabu Secondary School is home for our future leaders and we want to ensure that we ease their suffering in a way," explained Rudi.

A preliminary report on the incident issued by the school's headteacher indicates that the fire which was suspected to have originated from an electrical fault, gutted the kitchen building specifically the room where mattresses are kept.

According to the report, this has worsened the problem of mattresses the school has had.

The report further indicates that the fire also damaged other items including one wooden door, seven window panes, part of the roof made of IBR iron sheets and part of electrical installations.

Read 729 times
Login to post comments
Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by | powered by JSN Sun Framework