Car Hits 2 Learners, 1 Dies in Thyolo
Two learners of the same family have been hit by a speeding vehicle yesterday morning at Bvumbwe in Thyolo and one has dead at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Blantyre.
An eye witness who is also one of the teachers for Chisawani Primary School, currently at the hospital Eluby Mulowotha, has confirmed to Zodiak Online that Blessed Harry aged 6, has died after sustaining head and fracture injuries.
Mulowotha says the other learner is responding to treatment at the hospital where driver of the vehicle rushed them to.
She says they were hit as they were crossing the road to school.
"That was when I was also going to school. The driver stopped and assisted them rushing to the hospital where one, who was in standard one, died," she said.
Latest from Beston Luka
- NRWB Donates K5 million Items to Cyclone Survivors in Thyolo
- Roads Authority Commences Temporary Road Restoration in the South
- MUST Wins the Cyber Security Most Creative Policy Response Award in US
- Govt Uncertain on School Re-opening in the South
- TAML Engages Headteachers to Address Pupils Security Concerns