Crime Rate Increases in Nsanje
Police in Nsanje have registered a 4.12 percent increase in criminal cases from January to June this year compared to last year within the same period.
The district's Police Spokesperson, Sub Inspector, Agnes Zalakoma, has disclosed that the station has recorded 303 criminal cases against last year's 291.
"The 2022 first half has also seen an increase in murder cases by 13 compared to 6 during same period in 2021.
"A total of 41 general theft cases were registered from January to June compared to 25 cases registered in 2021," she said.
The Nsanje police Spokesperson, however said recorded a decline in defilement cases with 12 registered compared to last year's 18.
Sub Inspector Zalakoma, further said, "the station has registered a decrease in road accidents, house breaking & theft, mob justice and theft of livestock.
Meanwhile the Nsanje Police Spokesperson, says efforts are being made to reverse the trend.
"The station has managed to deploy personnel to strategic points, conducting day and night foot and motor vehicle patrols, traffic checks on the road within Nsanje policing area but also conducting community policing meetings and revamping community policing structures," she said.
Latest from Alfred Guta
- MACOHA Tips Humanitarian Actors on Disaster Response Targeting Persons with Disabilities
- Climate Smart Public Works Program Second Cycle Targets Over 14,000 Beneficiaries in Nsanje
- Friends of Makhanga Pen Nsanje DC over Relocation
- Graft Whistleblowers Demand Protection
- Action for Rural Development for Improved ECD Services in Nsanje