Nsanje Man Arrested Over Human Tissues
Police in Nsanje, have arrested Blessings Masina, 28, for allegedly being found in possession of human tissues (bones).
The district's police Spokesperson, Sub Inspector, Agnes Zalakoma, told Zodiak Online, the tissues were allegedly found in the suspect's house this morning.
She says they worked on a tip- off that the suspect was keeping the alleged human tissues in his house at Mtemangawa village in Malemia's area, upon which they searched and traced the same.
"This followed information received by Station Criminal Investigations Officer (SCIO) John Timbenao, from reliable sources that the suspect was possessing human tissues.
"The SCIO led a team of Detectives and arrested the suspect. Later searching of his house was done and the alleged tissues were recovered," indicated Sub inspector, Zalakoma.
She said the incident occurred at around 10:50hrs at Mtemangawa village.
The Nsanje Police Spokesperson, says investigations were still underway, adding that the alleged tissues in question will be checked by medics to ascertain if indeed they are human tissues.
The suspect, Blessings Masina, hails fr Nyang'a village, T/A Mbenje in Nsanje district.
Latest from Alfred Guta
- Norway Pledges Support towards Disaster Risk Management
- Minister Concedes Chikwawa Communities are Suffering
- Nsanje DC Vows to Protect Cyclone Freddy Humanitarian Support
- Action Aid Injects K60 Million into Cyclone Freddy Cash Transfer Program
- Nsanje’s Kuchene Women Forum Vows to Fight GBV in Flood Survivors Camps