MANEB E-payment Registration Officers Worried
Some teachers carrying out the 2023 Malawi National Examination Board (MANEB) fees E-payment exercise in Thyolo and Machinga have expressed concerns that the Board has not provided them with resources.
One of the registration officers at Bvumbwe in Thyolo who have spoken to Zodiak Online on condition of anonymity, claim that they are forced to use their own or borrowed resources such as, smartphones to capture students.
"On top of that, we are wondering that the Board has not even provided us with internet data for the exercise," he wondered.
Another teacher in Ntaja zone, Machinga says he underwent a training but they were not provided with resources for the exercise.
He said: “During the training we raised that need, but it appeared they had no interest. Now we have serious problems, because some teachers are using borrowed phones while others their meagre salaries to buy internet data for the exercise," he said.
Meanwhile, MANEB spokesperson Mayamiko Chiwaya has asked for more time before commenting on the matter.
But according to the MANEB's operating procedure in our possession, it is a requirement for all the schools with centre numbers to have internet enabled devices such as, computers.
The exercise is expected to close on December 16, 2022.
Latest from Beston Luka
- Authorities in Thyolo Reopen Nsuwazi Primary School
- Thyolo Agriculture Office Staff Want Chief Agriculture Officer Transferred
- 11 Arrested in Thyolo for Alleged Rail Materials Theft
- NLGFC Approves Funds for Case Management on Unpaid Mthandizi Participants in Thyolo
- Thyolo District Council Needs Funds for Case Management of Unpaid Mthandizi Participants