Magomero Graduates 308
About 308 students have graduated from Magomero Community Development College in three disciplines namely, Integrated Social Protection, Community Development and Agrofood Processing on Tuesday.
Deputy Minister of Gender Children and Social Welfare, Agness Nkusankhoma, challenged the frontline social protection workers to raise more awareness on the disadvantages of suicide as cases continue to rise in the country.
“By nature of their job, these social workers are always with the communities. I was therefore urging them to take advantage of this opportunity to raise awareness on these social ills which have become so much worrisome in the country," said Nkusankhoma.
One of the graduated social workers, Roxaline Chandidya, says she is going to use some of her social skills she has acquired to provide counseling on the social ills.
The College Principal, Thokozani Ntapaonga, urged government to establish the long-awaited social protection as well nutrition officer positions in the local councils to offer more employment opportunities to the upcoming graduates of the social Work.
Magomero Community Development College was established in 1963 and it has been offering certificates and diplomas in social protection as well as community development.
Latest from Elijah Phompho
- All Females on Reproductive Age Should go for Contraceptives - Expert
- MRA Drills Accountant Professionals on New Msonkho Online Features
- 8 Year Old Physically Challenged Girl Lacks Support in Chiradzulu
- Lack of Electricity Hinders STEKA's Vocational Centre Expansion Drive
- Salty Water Contributes to Broken Boreholes in Chikwawa