2 Women Murdered in Thyolo
Police in Thyolo are on a manhunt for assailants who allegedly killed two women on Thursday evening in brutal circumstances.
The district's police deputy publicist, Rabecca Kashoti, has identified the deceased as Ayana Wyson, 84 and Belita Iron, 65, who were found dead in their home yesterday at Waluna village, Traditional Authority Chimaliro in the district.
"It is reported that the deceased persons were staying themselves in different houses and they had two servants. The two servants operate from Chaona Village and on November 16, 2022 they reported on duty at around 06:00 hours.
"Upon reaching the house of their masters, they knocked the door but there was no response. They waited until 17:00 hours. This however, prompted them to report the matter to Village Head Waluma who in turn reported the same to Goliati Police Unit,"
In the homicide, Kashoti says after forced open the doors they found clothes in the house, scattered, while the two victims were found gagged, their legs and arms bound with a mosquito net and covered with cloth.
Latest from Beston Luka
- Authorities in Thyolo Reopen Nsuwazi Primary School
- Thyolo Agriculture Office Staff Want Chief Agriculture Officer Transferred
- 11 Arrested in Thyolo for Alleged Rail Materials Theft
- NLGFC Approves Funds for Case Management on Unpaid Mthandizi Participants in Thyolo
- Thyolo District Council Needs Funds for Case Management of Unpaid Mthandizi Participants