Mentally Challenged Woman Kills Her 4-Year-Old Child in Chiradzulu
Preliminary tests conducted on a 23 year-old-woman who allegedly hacked her 4 year-old-son to death with a panga knife early this week has revealed that she is mentally unstable.
The district's police spokesperson, Cosmas Kagulo, has told Zodiak Online on Thursday that the suspect is currently admitted to Zomba Mental Hospital, adding that she will appear before the court when medical practitioners certifies her to be mentally stable.
“The suspect continued to display signs of mental instability while in our custody. We took her to Chiradzulu District Hospital where she was referred to Zomba Mental Hospital where upon being examined, it turned out that the suspect has a mental problem," said Kagulo.
Husband to the suspect who is still in police custody for safe keeping disclosed to Zodiak that her wife has been displaying the signs of mental health sickness for three days until in the early hours of Monday morning when she just woke up threatening to kill him with a panga knife.
He, however, said he managed to escape with the other child leaving behind the four-year-old boy whom the woman allegedly murdered.
Latest from Elijah Phompho
- Learners Share Library Space with Headteacher in Chiradzulu
- Stakeholders Differ on Relocating Major Govt Offices To Lilongwe
- MPS Non Committal on Shelving Height Requirement On Police Recruitment
- Mobile Telecommunication Operators Adhere To Tariff Reduction Directive
- MOH Non Committal on Banning Diapers