7 Suspects Arrested in Thyolo Murder Case
Four men have been arrested in Thyolo on suspicion that they defiled and killed a 12-year-old school girl last week on Tuesday.
Thyolo Police Deputy Publicist, Rabecca Kashoti, has identified the suspects as Dan Salijeni aged 27, from Mangwalala village, Andrew Salijeni 29, Chimbeta village, Kilinani Kampondeni 26, Chimbeta village, the trio from the area of Senior chief Khwethemule while Fretcher Selemani 24, from Matchuwana village Senior chief Nchiramwera in the same district.
Kashoti told Zodiak Online on Monday that the four who allegedly murdered a Standard 8 learner for Ntambanyama Primary School have been arrested after a week of investigations.
Kashoti said "now the four will undergo DNA test as the investigations continue."
Police said the girl went missing after her part-time lessons before her body was found strangled with both arms and legs bound near Namitete river.
In a related development, Kashoti has also disclosed that police have nabbed three others for an alleged murder of a woman who was found dead behind Makwasa market the same day the girl was murdered.
She has identified them as Mphatso Thomson aged 33, Dalitso Thomson 33 and Emmanuel Onex aged 22.
Her body was found in a decomposed state.
After the girl's murder, Thyolo police also engaged a pathologist, Dr. Charles Dzamalala to conduct further investigations on her body.
Latest from Beston Luka
- Authorities in Thyolo Reopen Nsuwazi Primary School
- Thyolo Agriculture Office Staff Want Chief Agriculture Officer Transferred
- 11 Arrested in Thyolo for Alleged Rail Materials Theft
- NLGFC Approves Funds for Case Management on Unpaid Mthandizi Participants in Thyolo
- Thyolo District Council Needs Funds for Case Management of Unpaid Mthandizi Participants