21 Year Old Arrested For Fake K5, 000 Banknotes
Police in Mangochi District have arrested a 21 year old man, for ellegedly being found in possession of fake Malawian banknotes amounting to K300 thousand.
Mangochi Police Station spokesperson, Sub Inspector Amina Tepani Daudi, has identified the suspect as Panganani William.
According to Sub Inspector Tepani Daudi, police detectives were on Monday, tipped by members of the community that they have spotted a man at Mangochi main market, buying food commodities using the notes they suspected to be fake.
"Following the tip, a team of detectives rushed and apprehended him after he was found with K300,000 in K5,000 notes bearing AE3726680 and AA4725124 serial numbers in his pocket," said Tepani Daudi.
William who hails from Katumbu Village, Traditional Authority Kachenga in Balaka District has been charged with found in possession of papers imitating Malawian currency contravening the Reserve Bank of Malawi Act, according to Tepani Daudi.
She said the suspect will appear before court after completion of paperwork.
Latest from Raphael Mlozoa
- Headteacher Jailed 3 Years for Swindling Examination Fees
- Forget About Adherence To Farmgate Prices Without ADMARC - MEJN
- Woman Arrested for Impersonating Military Officer
- CfSC Blames Unaccountability and Politicizing Projects for Hindering Development
- Albarakah Charity Trust Supports 600 Cyclone Freddy Survivors in Mangochi