Anti-Quota Demos in Mzuzu
Opponents of the quota system of selection of learners in public schools in this country are staging protests in Mzuzu where they have gone to present a petition at the education division offices in the city.
The petition by the Anti-quota movement demonstrators gathered in Mzuzu is against what they call unfair selection of learners into public secondary schools.
The group claims that government tampers with examination results at the Malawi National Examinations Board in order for favored regions to send the most learners to the best schools.
HRDC leadership including, Timothy Mtambo and Gift Trapence and UTM member Chidanti Malunga, have participated in the demonstrations.
The demonstrations have attracted a large crowd of residents of the city and beyond
Latest from Angela Mkandawire
- FREDOKISS Pleads Not Guilty of Electoral Offence
- MZUNI Staff Concerned Over Use of Girls Hostel as Quarantine Centre
- DPP Alleges Tonse Alliance Followers Harassing & Intimidating Its Members
- NPC to Link Political Party Manifestos to VISION 2063
- Religious Bodies Turn To Prayer for Peace Towards Elections