Lightning Strikes Woman Dead in Chikwawa
Lightning killed a 40-year-old woman in Chikwawa district on Friday afternoon.
Police publicist there Sergeant Dickson Matemba told Zodiak Online, Stella Gunteya, met her fate when she went to mine sand.
Police say she was struck when she sought refuge under a tree following rains that started while she gathering the sand.
Gunteya came from Chitungwani village in the area of Senior Chief Chapananga in Chikwawa.
Her death brings the number of people killed by lightning in the district to seven in a space of two months.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children