Epidemiologist warns of Continued Cattle Deaths
The national office of epidemiologist has warned that unless urgent action is taken around Euthini Extension planning area in Mzimba north, farmers will continue losing their cattle to east coast fever and other infections.
A report compiled by National epidemiologist Dr Gladson Kamwendo seen by Zodiak recommends an increase in allocation of assistant veterinary officers and animal health surveillance officers to the area as well as immediate vaccination of livestock at risk of diseases.
The report comes fast on the heels of mass cattle deaths in Mzimba North from July last year to date.
Latest from Vanani Nyirenda
- Aviation Staff Threaten Strike Over Welfare
- Zambian DC Faults Mmbelwa DC on Enforcement of COVID19 Prevention Measures
- Mzimba Hospital Has Capacity to Test 90 Samples for COVID19 at One go
- Man Battling for Life After Allegedly Being Beaten by Police Officers
- Construction of M’mbelwa District Council Office Complex in Limbo