Construction of M’mbelwa District Council Office Complex in Limbo
Construction of the K2.5 billion M’mbelwa District Council office complex in Mzimba continues to hang in limbo as the contractor says will only resume work when government compensates it on the equipment damaged and looted during the anti-Jane Ansah demonstrations last year.
DEC Construction Company managing director Dan Chale said government is assessing the cost of the damaged and looted equipment to determine compensation figures.
Latest from Vanani Nyirenda
- Aviation Staff Threaten Strike Over Welfare
- Zambian DC Faults Mmbelwa DC on Enforcement of COVID19 Prevention Measures
- Mzimba Hospital Has Capacity to Test 90 Samples for COVID19 at One go
- Man Battling for Life After Allegedly Being Beaten by Police Officers
- Epidemiologist warns of Continued Cattle Deaths