APM Disbands Cabinet Committee on COVID19
The Special Cabinet Committee on corona virus headed by health minister Jappie Mhango has been disbanded and in its place, President Peter Mutharika has set up a presidential taskforce on the pandemic.
Mutharika says the multi-discipline taskforce shall be co-chaired by a cabinet minister and a professor on public health and it shall report direct to him.
"Below the Presidential Taskforce, there remain various technical committees which include various professionals and sectors from both the public and private sectors," Mutharika said.
Other members of the Taskforce shall include academia, the Christian Health Association of Malawi, leader of the opposition, Lobin Lowe, the Public Affairs Committee, the Chiefs Council and the CSOs.
Latest from Gabriel Kamlomo
- Majete: The Sole Malawi Big-Five Destination Named Wildlife Reserve
- MultiChoice Africa Withdraw DStv Services in Malawi, Describes Malawi Hostile Business Environment
- MBS Yet to Be Notified on Govt Intent to Import Controversial Fertilizer
- Agilitee Set to Invade Malawi with Green Energy
- China Facilitating Visa Provision to Foreigners Who Have Taken Chinese Covid-19 Jab