MEC Halts Ballot Printing to Await Parliament Decision
The Malawi Electoral Commission says it has put on hold the printing of ballot papers until Parliament sets a specific date for the fresh presidential election.
MEC Commissioner Dr. Jean Mathanga made the remarks Wednesday in Dowa during training for Master Trainers on Polling procedures and Results Management.
Dr. Mathanga has since appealed to the Master Trainers to emphasize to the presiding officers to avoid a repeat of mistakes of 2019 tripartite elections such as use such correctional fluids as Tippex in the coming election.
Latest from Aunyago Nkhoma
- Rwandese Immigrants and Dzaleka Refugees Tussle over COVID-19 Funds
- Min. of Education Trashes ISAMA's July 13 School Reopening
- Govt, Private Schools Tussle Over Date for Re-opening of Schools
- Three Confirmed Covid-19 Cases at Dzaleka Refugee Camp
- 23 New Asylum Seekers Arrive at Dzaleka Refugee Camp in Dowa Despite COVID 19 Threat