BREAKING NEWS: Judge Kachale New MEC Chair
President Peter Mutharika has constituted a new commission at the Malawi Electoral Commission-MEC and appointed Justice Dr. Chifundo Kachale as the new chairperson.
Other commissioners appointed are; Arthur Nanthuru, Steve Duwa, Dr. Jean Mathanga, Ms. Linda Kunje, Dr. Anthony Mukumbwa, and Mrs. Olivia Liwewe.
According to the statement signed by Chief Secretary to the Government Lloyd Muhara on Sunday 7th June, 2020 the appointments are with immediate effect.
Presidential Press Secretary Mgeme Kalilani says President Mutharika has made the appointments in keeping with existing laws of Malawi in relation to the task which was before him.
Two of the commissioners, Dr. Jean Mathanga and Ms. Linda Kunje were also on the old commission.
Latest from Gabriel Kamlomo
- Majete: The Sole Malawi Big-Five Destination Named Wildlife Reserve
- MultiChoice Africa Withdraw DStv Services in Malawi, Describes Malawi Hostile Business Environment
- MBS Yet to Be Notified on Govt Intent to Import Controversial Fertilizer
- Agilitee Set to Invade Malawi with Green Energy
- China Facilitating Visa Provision to Foreigners Who Have Taken Chinese Covid-19 Jab