Voting for Presidential Election Underway, Irregularities Reported in Some Polling Centres
Voting is underway across the country where Malawians are deciding who will be the next president.
Exactly at 6am this morning, all polling centres were opened, as people queued to cast their votes.
However irregularities have been reported in some centres, a major one being missing names of people in voters roll.
In Dedza we understand at Mphathi Centre in Dedza South West names of voters are also missing.
Meanwhile MEC spokesperson Sangwani Mwafulirwa has told us Multiple registration due to some transfers causes some technical hitches in the system.
Meanwhile; Tonse alliance Torch Bearer Lazarus Chakwera has cast his vote in Lilongwe North West.
Earlier his running mate Dr Saulosi Chilima also cast his vote at St Thomas Anglican centre in Lilongwe.
He later told Journalists that he is so far impressed with the progress of the electoral process.
He has since urged all electoral stakeholders to ensure the election is free and fair so that no dispute is reported after the election.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Prophetic Ministry Share Breakthrough Under a Theme ‘A Day Of Revival Fire’
- Ex MRA Deputy Director General Mbilizi Released on Bail
- ADB Predicts 3% Post Covid-19 Africa Economic Growth in 2021
- Acting Vice President- Agriculture, Human and Social Development
- Yutong Provides Support in Pandemic Prevention for Africa Public Transport