DPP Alleges Tonse Alliance Followers Harassing & Intimidating Its Members
Democratic Progressive Party DPP regional governor Christopher Mzomera Ngwira says party members are still being subjected to harassment and intimidation by people they suspect are Tonse alliance members as the Electoral result tabulation by MEC were still underway.
Ngwira says the alleged Tonse alliance members have looted DPP flags in the city and have been issuing threats.
During a media briefing in Mzuzu today the party has advised its members to remain calm until MEC announces official election results.
However UTM youth director Mzondi Mkandawire who led the Tonse team that has been holding celebrations in Mzuzu has denied the allegations saying their celebrations were peaceful.
Latest from Angela Mkandawire
- Some Concerned People in Mzuzu Want Govt to Stop Bushiri's Extradition Process
- Youth Decide Campaign Advises Govt. to Make Use of National Youth Manifesto
- Rights Body Wants Local Leader to Face Law
- Govt. Intervenes in ESCOM and Raiply Electricity Poles Feud
- National Anti-Corruption Alliance Campaigns to Recover Public Funds