Zomba Court Slaps Two With Jail Terms for CDF Abuse
A court in Zomba has sentenced two men to 18 months and twelve months imprisonment respectively for abuse of constituency Development fund in Zomba Malosa Constituency.
The graft busting body Anti-Corruption Bureau through its spokesperson Egritta Mndala has said the two, former Member of Parliament for the area Anderson Undani and his personal assistant Pangani Nazombe abused project materials purchased with the development fund meant for construction of a teacher’s house.
Mndala says the materials were also meant for construction of toilets at Domasi CCAP Primary school, and rehabilitation of Domasi-Karonga Road and Malonga Bridge.
After the bureau committed the case to Zomba magistrate court, Undani was charged with three counts of abuse of office, theft and obtaining money by false pretense.
On 3rd July 2020, the Zomba Magistrate’s Court found the two guilty of the counts as charged and convicted them.
Undani was today sentenced to eighteen months imprisonment with hard labour on each of the three counts, while Pangani Nazombe was sentenced to twelve months imprisonment with hard labor on each of the two counts.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Castel & MW Distilleries Ltd to Merge, Analyst Predicts Downsizing in Human Resource
- Parley Engages President Chakwera on Dates For 2020/2021 Budget Sitting
- Police Rescues 6 That Were Being Trafficked Into Zambia
- Chinkhoma Auction Floors in Kasungu to Close on 14th August
- New Fish Disease, EUS, Spreads to Agriculture Extensions in Mchinji