MEJN Embarks on Project to Minimize Social & Economic Inequalities
The Malawi Economic Justice Network-MEJN says increasing awareness and capacity of citizens, local structures and CSOs is key in fighting the widening social and economic inequalities in the country.
MEJN’s Acting Executive Director Bertha Phiri says the economic think-tank has since embarked on a five-year project to facilitate implementation of initiatives to minimize the social and economic inequalities.
Aggregate consumption expenditure of 2017 indicates that the richest 10 percent in the country account for 53 percent of social and economic resources.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Getrude Mutharika, Son, APM, Chisale, Mbilizi Bank Accounts Frozen
- Africa Zone VI Senior Volleyball Clubs Championship 2020 in Limbo
- Chakwera Dares Youth to Use Crisis to Provide Solutions
- Chakwera Appoints Chrissie Kanyasho as Deputy Leader of the House
- Man Gets 10 Years lHL For Three Offences in Mangochi