NOCMA Acting CEO Demoted
Former Acting Chief Executive Officer for the National Oil Company of Malawi (Nocma) Hellen Buluma says she has been communicated about the decision to revert her back to her initial position of Deputy Chief Executive Officer following the expiry of her 14-day contract on acting capacity.
Buluma has told Zodiak that on October 29 she was given a 14-day contract to act as CEO while the board was investigating and fixing a few things.
Earlier this month, President Lazarus Chakwera gave NOCMA board two weeks to look into public concerns surrounding the appointment of Buluma who has been linked to the former ruling Democratic Progressive Party DPP.
Latest from Andrew Viano
- A Friend in Need: World Vision Eases Healthcare Access in Ntchisi
- SKILLS Programme Shines Ray of hope for Unemployed Youth
- ENOUGH Campaign Gets Underway, Chakwera Decries Child Malnourishment
- From Kaoche Village with Six Points: The Story of Joseph Katole
- Malawi Tourism Council to Hold Inaugural Tourism Industry Awards of Excellence